Current Bills IC4IC is in Opposition of:
Please scroll below for more info and opposition instructions for each bill.
See info below:
Attention People… URGENT ACTION ALERTS
It is time to sign witness slips and contact committee members to oppose SB2654 with the links and talking points below.
SB2654 (Flu Education Bill)
Call to Oppose and Complete Witness Slip
Call HOUSE SPONSOR: Representative Noreen Hammond
Springfield (217) 782-0416
District (309) 836-2707
Contact YOUR REPRESENTATIVE Here
(It's important that Legislators be made aware of this bill as SB2654 could be assigned to a House Committee with little notice.)
TALKING POINTS TO OPPOSE SB2654:
- VOTE NO on SB 2654 because it amends the School Code to require schools to push flu vaccine information on families. The flu vaccine is not required in Illinois. Schools should not be in the business of marketing vaccines.
- SB 2654 is completely unnecessary because Illinois State law, 105 ILCS 5/27-8.1 already requires children in kindergarten, 6th and 9th grades to have a physical examination before school entry where doctors educate parents of school aged children on vaccines and diseases.
- Information and incentives regarding flu and flu vaccine are readily available in commercial settings everywhere at doctors’ offices, grocery stores and pharmacies that give vaccines.
- Information regarding flu and the flu vaccine is widely available from both the state and federal government. The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) already has a very detailed flu and flu vaccine page with dozens of free resource links and printable materials from the State Health Department, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC.)
- This bill has been STRONGLY opposed (with 951 witness slips in the most recent hearing.) This opposition is requesting SB2654 to be amended to remove reference to the School Code.